.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Bob Hunter - the co-founder of Greenpeace. R.I.P. 2005
I remember seeing the ship "Rainbow Warrier"on TV, being used as a passive barrier to impede nuclear testing. This being my early awareness of Greenpeace as a lobbying organisation. But that was not all Bob was active in. He did a lot to raise awareness of real cruelty by those involved in whale hunting and seal culling.

I recall many TV clips of the rubber dinghies being launched from M.V. "Rainbow Warrior" to protect whales and seals on those bloody hunting expeditions. This was dangerous and challenging work and all the more exciting because it showed that there was strength in numbers by people protesting together and lobbying for change.

I remember this being an early wakeup call for me about the importance of the ecology movement and the power of peaceful protests. I will remember Bob Hunter as the co-founder of Greenpeace. I will also remember him as the original "Rainbow Warrior". May the big man rest in peace.
Read more about this amazing man here...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?